The other day I was talking with Fabio, a new Okular developer (a blog post on his awesomeness coming soon), and realized that he had permission to commit to the git repositories but not permission to close bugs in bugs.kde.org
This disconnect comes from the fact that bugzilla is not tied to your identity.kde.org user.
After speaking with the KDE sysadmins we agreed it'd be cool to enable permissions in bugzilla if there is a matching address (it would be cooler to match the accounts, but that's probably a gigantic task)
So we are looking for someone that can write some sql to do this:
1) find the user_id from someone's email address
2) insert an entry into user_group_map for the editbugs group and that user_id
3) insert an entry into user_group_map for the canconfirm group and that user_id
Additionally the code has to be smart enough to
1) print a notice if no bugzilla account was not found for the given email address
2) be written in a way as to not cause issues if the user already has those rights
The script can written in which ever language you prefer (though we expect some sanity in the choices if possible ;-))
If you want to help (and you know you want) do not hesitate to contact me on email@example.com and I'll forward you to the appropriate people or even better just join the #kde-sysadmin channel in irc.freenode.net and present yourself as volunteer to do this job.