This will allow me to work part time on Okular (in case it's not clear I work on Okular on a "when I have time-hobby" basis right now), the planned improvements are:
1. Support for signing unsigned signatures. I know it sounds confusing, think about it like something like the old "sign here" boxes on printed paper forms.
2. Support digital signatures in the Okular Windows version
3. Make signature text support all character sets
4. Write Okular-mobile user interface to show signature status
5. Support digital signatures in the Okular Android version
But I'm hoping to squeeze some other signature related improvements in, if you have a particular favourite please leave a comment.
Thanks to NLnet for trusting me on this, and also thanks to my current employer (KDAB) for allowing me to work less hours for a few months so I can take on this project.