Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Poppler, Qt4, Windows and my desktop

Seems making poppler compile under Windows is not that difficult, mingw, some handfile editing of Makefiles and some luck gave me that


That is, an almost working poppler-qt4 test, if it not was because no fonts are rendered :-D So yes, all people that keep asking if poppler is portable to windows, it is, we just need you to do the fine tuning ;-)

Many will consider me a heretic for that kind of Windows work, but linux on my laptop suffered some problems lately due to having Mandriva Cooker installed and my main desktop machine seems to have died completely (had a kernel panic when i came back from seeing TV and it won't boot :-S)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

> Many will consider me a heretic for that kind of Windows work,

Please stop that at once! Please return to preaching to the converted. :)

Anonymous said...

wow cool cau u explain more? the makefile etc if u got free time later.